5 & 6: Biblical Patterns for the Wife & Husband (T.T.A.T.F.)
Discussion Board This Week
We have covered a lot of ground in the last 2 weeks. I've asked the Young Adults about trying a Discussion Board versus a Blog, and the response has been Discussion Board!
Chapters 5 & 6 Starters
- The idea is simple . . . post something
- Remember, you can post it anonymously if you want
- Maybe type a good quote (like below), leave the pg #, & explain why you like it
- Or share a thought from our Sunday Morning discussions the last couple weeks
- Or post a reaction to it all
- Or if you aren't joining us on Sunday Mornings, read the posts & share a thought
- Or share a random free association or something lol
If a quote or thought from class doesn't stand out to you, try reacting to these two:
Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
"The term 'virtuous' in Proverbs 31:10 comes from a root meaning of strength. Figuratively speaking, it is the idea of noble character and strength. It speaks of the preciousness and rarity of such a noble woman. In the last part of the verse she is described as being more valuable than rubies. Next to the husband’s relationship to Jesus Christ, there is nothing more valuable in his life than his wife." (60-61)
"The husband as priest of the home must take the initiative spiritually. He is responsible for whether the family is faithful to church . . . for whether there are family devotions or not . . . His wife and children are the first to see Christ in him . . . he regularly comes into the presence of the Lord on behalf of his wife and children. His wife and children will experience the spiritual strength of his priesthood." (79)
Adapted from Vernell Ingle. (2005). The truth about the family: Biblical patterns and principles. Joplin, MO: Messenger Publishing House.
- T.T.A.T.F. is available for half-price (courtesy of F.P.C.) to all who meet with us Sunday mornings
- Online orders available at M.P.H. for The Truth About the Family