1) What is the significance of God stating, “Let us make man in our image?” Why are these plural terms used? Who was God speaking to?
2) In what ways was man distinguished from the rest of God’s creation?
3) How does Genesis chapter 2 differ from chapter 1? What is the primary subject of chapter 2? What does this imply?
4) What was the only thing in God’s creation that He declared was not good? Why was this so?
5) What is significant in God taking a rib from Adam to create Eve?
6) Why did God bring Eve to Adam? What does this imply for the man in his treatment and understanding of the woman?
7) What are some practical ways that husband and wife can demonstrate mutual respect?
8) How can the married couple maintain a positive balance between loosing the ties with parents and retaining a good relationship with them?
9) How can the husband and wife truly cleave to each other without being possessive and controlling? How does a couple guard against this?
10) How important is commitment to the marriage relationship? What are some factors that contribute to the lack of commitment in marriage today?
11) How can this kind of commitment be cultivated in marriage?
12) Why were Adam and Eve not ashamed? How can a couple experience an absence of shame and guilt today? How would you define emotional nakedness? What is so difficult about emotional nakedness in relating as a married couple?
- T.T.A.T.F. is available for half-price (courtesy of F.P.C.) to all who meet with us Sunday mornings
- Online orders available at M.P.H. for The Truth About The Family